Bill Riess KW9WR called the meeting to order at 7:00PM
Cliff Sowka K9QD: November BOD Meeting Minutes as published in the RHG: John Shofield AC9JS moved to approve, Danny Kafka KD9HIL seconded. Adopted.
Chris Brewer AC9GN not present.
Rob Glowacki N9MVO not present.
John Zietlow K9WIC EmComm Chairman not present.
Rob Glowacki N9MVO, Terry Jarnholm AE9TJ not present.
Construction Project (CP)
Cliff Sowka K9QD reports CP continues to enjoy strong attendance and we’re planning to host both December sessions even though the fourth Saturday of December aligns closely with family holiday celebrations.
Dennis C. Calvey KD9HIK is currently crafting Winlink training to be offered to CP attendees during Jan~Feb.
John Schofield AC9JS reports there is already one candidate reserved at the moment for the January session. John has been supporting student interest in joining an organized Ham Radio organization and his efforts have resulted in several new members for SARC.
- WebMaster will be asked to edit our home page layout in order to accommodate a more rapid access to our VE Testing services.
Don Dewar KD9NJR Chairman needs volunteers willing to take a session.
Radio Hill Gazette RHG
Mike K9KMV No Report.
Scott DeSantis KB9VRW Membership Committee Chairman noted our status as Affiliated ARRL Club requires update. Bill Reiss KW9WR suggested we also acquire an additional domain SCHAUMBURGARC.COM so that prospective hams can find our entity more easily. The additional domain for our club could simply point to www.N9RJV therefore providing a more efficient search result.
- Dennis C. Calvey KD9HIK moved to approve the $14 annual domain registry expense and Danny Kafka KD9HIL seconded.
Dennis C. Calvey KD9HIK Publicity Chairman has authored a primer for Winlink and anticipates we could offer training during Jan~Feb Construction Project meetings.
- Treasurer Disbursements Needed: Previously authorized support payments of $25 each to Newsline, Repeater Association, and Ham QSL.com.
In the interim, John Douglas KD9KSH has secured a venue for our January Holiday Party.
- Current reservation is 14 but we’re obligated to provide 25 attendees minimum. John will continue to remind membership via SARC-ALL.
Leo N9NBH not present.
Don Dewar KD9NJR: planning a December Business Meeting presentation.
Talliers for November’s Absentee Requests received only ~ 65% response but those who did respond to several requests and reminders were represented in November’s election.
This contrasts to last year where we enjoyed 100% participation so hopefully we can implement a better scheme for next year’s election; maybe craft a simple, click-enabled document for those who cannot attend election night in person if our mandated SASE US Mail process won’t be followed again in 2024.
Dennis C. Calvey KD9HIK noted our website needs 2024 officer update to reflect the November Election Results. Also, Google Groups for SARC-BD requires update.
- Dennis submitted a Winlink primer for presentation during our Jan~Feb Construction Project venue for interested members. Cliff Sowka K9QD moved to approve and John Schofield AC9JS seconded. Adopted.
- Dennis will communicate with several governmental agencies to reaffirm our Schaumburg resources: Tennis Plus, Bocce Court for SARC-in-the-Park, CRC for BOD and Business Meetings, and any rental/insurance documentation requirements.
Don Dewar KD9NJR reviewed open action items: Determine FTM 300 location and current function, Inventory of club Assets, Annual Audit, and proposed Budget.
- Professional Audit of our Treasury could cost ~$2,000 but since our revenue as Non-Profit is well under the IRS-defined threshold, third party review would suffice.
- Treasurer requested to present budget proposal during the December Business Meeting. Operating expense of $1,754.00 estimated but Committee requests need to be informed.
Submitted December 7, 2023.
Cliff Sowka K9QD Secretary